Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Goats for LIFE

The early-morning bleating of a dairy goat is a happy sound for children in countries like Haiti and Malawi. They know it’s ready to be milked! A goat nourishes a family with fresh milk, cheese, and yogurt, and can offer a much-needed income boost by providing offspring and extra dairy products for sale at the market. It even provides fertilizer that can dramatically increase crop yields. A perennial favorite, both to give and receive!
Alright, here it is. A few weeks ago I went to a Casting Crowns concert in Birmingham, and the lead singer of Casting Crowns started talking about this organization called World Vision. To be totally honest I didn't really think much about it after the concert, but the other day we got a World Vision catalog in the mail. THAT GOT ME GOING! As I was looking through the catalog I was brain storming, so now I have so many projects I want to do. Oh, sorry you might be wondering what World Vision is. Well, it's an organization that does projects around the world, like build wells, houses ,and schools, and provide tools for impoverished families around the world to have a better life. They do a lot more than what I just said, but you can go to the World Vision website to get more information. Anyways, like I said I have so many projects I want to do, but I'm just starting with two. One of them is buying chickens through World Vision in honor of my family and friends for Christmas instead of buying them presents. Another, which I hope you will help me with, is the purchase of a pair of goats to give to a family or village. When you buy things through world Vision you don't receive them. World Vision sends them where they're needed, like poor villages, families in poverty around the world. To the right there is a place where you can make a donation using a Pay Pal account or credit card to help me with this goal.
I will post when we have made enough money to get the goats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah no words that I can say would even begin to say how much I love you and how much I love your sweet giving caring heart

granny